- Public sector entering ‘wild west’ as UK hits peak GDPR frenzy, says ST2 Technology
- Smart Cities: Vehicle routing and its contribution to a 'smart' environment with the help of asset finance
- Are consumers’ opinions of hybrid vehicles changing?
- ABM Critical Solutions completes emergency clean for London college
- UK public sector procurement: current state of play
Simpson Strong-Tie has renamed its ISO17025 accredited world class EU testing facility in honour of the man who was responsible for the growth of the company in Europe.
The purpose built testing site, which was opened in 2009 and conducts around 5,000 product tests each year, was recently renamed ‘The Andris Peterson EU Test Laboratory’ at a special ceremony attended by European branch managers and technical engineers.
Ian Harrison, SST’s European Technical Director said: “When Andris Peterson came to the UK to launch Simpson Strong-Tie operations in Europe he was the only employee. Over a number of years he made many acquisitions in the UK, Germany, France and Denmark. He amalgamated and grew those businesses to make SST the European market leader in connectors that it is today.
“It was the vision and support of Andris which enabled us to grow the small testing facility we had back then into the world class facility we have now.”
In 2005, Andris retired and returned home to Portland in the USA but sadly, just over a year ago, he passed away.
“In his memory and in honour of everything he achieved for Simpson Strong-Tie, the business in Europe is proud to re- name the facility “The Andris Peterson EU Test Laboratory” in dedication to a larger than life character who cared passionately for all people in the organisation and without whom many of us might not be part of the Simpson Strong-Tie family,” added Ian Harrison.